Thursday, February 3, 2011

A little scare

 So, Monday I had a doctor appointment at 9:00.  At 8:00 I started bleeding and cramping and started freaking out!  Joey had forgotten his phone and had just started his OB/GYN rotation in Cedar, and I couldn't get a hold of him :(  I went early to my appointment and after seeing the doctor, he admitted me to the hospital for monitoring and some tests and they gave me the steroid shots to develop the baby's lungs fast in case they had to deliver him.  I was finally able to get a hold of Joey and luckily they had a surgery day and he was able to get back to St. George by 12:00.

There was a  high risk OB from SLC who by chance was down and we were able to have a consult with him!  I have had placenta issues this entire pregnancy and with having to have yet another c-section there was a chance I might have had to have a hysterectomy after delivering this baby.  Well, after the intense ultra sound we had...everything looks normal (we were so surprised and excited) 
 So at 32 weeks 2 days, the baby measured big (For once. He has always measured 3-4 days small and now is 5 days big now measuring 33 weeks)  He weighs about 4 lb 7 oz and looks so much like Cloe and Johan! 
Since the ultra sound checked out fine and they still couldn't figure out why I was still bleeding they kept me monitored.  Finally by the next day the bleeding had decreased a ton.  They discharged me Tuesday afternoon and I am doing much better!  I do have to stay down and take it easy but we are doing fine now!

I am so grateful to be so close to family!  It was so nice to be able to call my sister and have her come get Cloe from the hospital and have her take care of Cloe and pick up Hannah from school and have them taken care of for the day!  Johan's mom came up from Vegas and took care of them while we were at the hospital and for these last few days!  It is such a blessing to be where we are!

So I guess this baby gets to cook a little longer! But we sure can't wait to meet him!

7 comments:

Dallas said...

How scary! You had my heart pumping just while I was reading. I am so glad that everything is o.k. Can't wait to meet this little guy. It will be fun to see what he is like since your girls are so different.

Tina said...

Yikes that's so cary! I'm so glad everything turned out ok with you and baby!

The Marchant Family: said...

Scary Shannon! I'm glad everything was okay. Just take it easy for the next few weeks and let people help you. I know that's hard to do sometimes, especially if you're super-mom (like you are) :) Wishing you the best in the next few weeks!

Diana said...

Those are all things you don't want to have happen - especially this close to the end of a pregnancy. Thank goodness that everything has worked out and for having family nearby. Hope he decides to bake a little bit longer! We'll be thinking of you guys.

Jodi said...

So scary! I am so glad you and the baby are ok!

Brian and Lindsey said...

I'm so glad you're ok! That was definitely scary. We'll say some extra prayers for you.

Matt and Joanna said...

Shannon, your 'bump' is tiny and so cute! I'm glad that everything is going well now and that you're close to your family. Take it easy :)